Prof. Dr. Philipp Zaeh
PROF. DR. PHILIPP ZAEH
Department: Finance & Accounting
Tel.: +49 40 36138-763
Fax: +49 40 36138-751
Philipp E. Zaeh is Professor for Corporate Accounting and Taxes at HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration and Director of the Hamburg Institute of Management & Finance (H·I·M·F).
After finishing his studies in Betriebswirtschaftslehre (business administration) in 1993, he spent four years working as a research associate at Universität Hamburg, during which time he completed his doctorate (1997). His teaching and research focus areas include business valuation, international financial reporting and auditing standards as well as cost management.
Professor Zaeh started his professional career in the Corporate Finance division of KPMG in Hamburg, after which he switched to the Private Equity division of Norddeutsche Vermögen, also based in Hamburg. After holding the position of CFO in a medium-sized shipping firm in Hamburg, Professor Zaeh joined HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration in 2007. In 2010, Professor Zaeh completed the professional exam of CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst).
- Business Taxation
- Accounting and (Group) Financial Reporting (HGB/IFRS/US GAAP)
- (Actuarial) Mathematics
- Investment & Financing Cost Accounting
- Risk Management (Interest and Currency Risks)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Business Valuation & Valuation of Intangible Assets (with a case study)
- International (group) Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Business valuation and valuation of intangible assets
- Internal auditing & risk management
- Cost management (activity-based costing, target costing)